But as the sun slowly began to rise, we noticed something different about the Paris outside our windows. Something white and flaky about it. It was snowing!
This is the logic that I then decided to apply to the situation: when I was a child, whenever there was the slightest hint of snow in Monroe - or, more likely, a hint of sleet and slush - school was canceled and students got a play day. I'm a grown up now, according to my marriage license. But I'm still a student. As such, whenever it snows, I should take the day off. Makes sense, right? Right!
Ariel and I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon staying cozy in our apartment, reading and occasionally looking out our windows in awe as the city got colder and colder and whiter and whiter. Then around 3:00, we decided to take a walk and see how things looked.
In fact, it was one of those moments when it feels like you're walking through a cliché, only totally awesome. I mean, come on: here we were, two young people in love walking through the snow-covered streets of Paris. Just describing it makes me feel like I'm writing a script for a Very Special Valentine's Day Episode of an original Lifetime TV show. But it still might be the best I've had here in Paris so far during this trip. Snow days are always the best days...
Oh, and we took a lot of pictures. Wanna see?
1 comment:
awwwww. this is sooo wonderful. i'm terribly jealous! you cliche people you, paris in the snow!!! i really really really wish i was there. but the photos are wonderful!
hope it doesn't turn to slush immediately!
Post a Comment