Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Protests - Now with Livestock

This morning between sips of tea, Ariel let me in on this bit of news:

"Oh boy! Yesterday there was this protest in the 7th [the part of Paris where the Eiffel Tower is, as well as the American Library in Paris, where Ariel works]. They had fireworks and marching. And a cow."

The end.

2 comments:

wanderingintheweehours said...

Funny!!! :D

I wonder what that was about!?!

Rachel said...

Quoi??? Very strange!

On an unrelated but quirky Paris note, my "cousin" who lives in Paris wrote as her Facebook update the other day: (Elle) en rentrant à la maison, nous avons vu une petite vieille agressé un papi trois fois plus grand qu'elle. Avec des coups de pied de oufs!!!

When I read this, I thought - what are these "kicks of eggs?" Is that like whipping your legs around like a whisk? Then I found out that it says:

Upon (her) return home, we saw a little old lady beat up a grandpa three times here size with CRAZY kicks. (Oufs = fous -- some crazy Parisian backwards slang.)

All I have to say is that with this news, as well as with your animal/cow protests, I have a starkly different view of Paris than before!