Monday, December 22, 2008

A pain in the neck

My wife's neck is hurting. Like but bad. For a few days now. I don't like this. I don't like her to be hurting. And I get the distinct impression she doesn't much care for it either. I'm hoping that going to Lille for a few days starting tomorrow might do some good - if only because she won't be craning over a sink washing dishes or over an ironing board ironing or looking down at her computer while sitting on the bed or sofa. In the meantime, though, does anyone have any suggestions other than taking Tylenol for what one can do to help get rid of neck pains?

2 comments:

Wayla Chambo said...

Still hurting? No good! Icing helps my neck sometimes when it's cranky - and/or heat, depending on the type of pain. Also arnica (homeopathic remedy for muscle soreness), to rub on and/or take by mouth - do they have that in France? Actually, I think the arnica gel I have is made by a French company - Boiron.
Luck and love!

wanderingintheweehours said...

Sometimes when I get neck pain I can ease it by pressing (long and hard) on a trigger point on the side of that sort of top, bigger bump-feeling vertebra there where the neck meets the shoulder - If you find the spot, it can be shockingly painful, but keep on pressing it, and the spasm releases...(sometimes;-)

Sorry you're in pain :-( wish I could rub your neck!

dom